- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- To synthesize technical data and concepts of Machine Design and Thermal Engineering to function effectively in the areas of research and development using software tools such as AutoCAD, Solid works, Ansys, etc…..
- To design and fabricate Special Purpose Machine tools using the concepts of Unconventional Machining to enhance the efficiency of modern Manufacturing systems
- To design, analyze and develop fuel efficient eco-friendly vehicles incorporating the advancements in Automobile Engineering and renewable energy systems.
CE6306 Strength of Materials:
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply mathematical knowledge to calculate the deformation behavior of simple structures.
- Critically analyze problem and solve the problems related to mechanical elements and analyze the deformation behavior for different types of loads.
- Examine and apply the various material properties and its stresses for different applications.
- Resolve the Shear Force and Bending moment diagram of all types.
- Explain the application of torsion, deflection of beams and principal stresses.
- Describe the laws of thermodynamics and their application to a wide range of systems.
- Determine dryness fraction of pure substances undergoing processes using Mollier chart
- Demonstrate Carnot, Clausius equality and Inequality theorems and apply the principles of entropy in real time applications.
- Illustrate the principles of various steam power cycles and to solve problems related to steam undergoing various processes.
- Analyze the properties of ideal, real and its gas mixtures and apply the knowledge of mathematical relations in thermodynamic equations.
CE6451FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY
- Paraphrase and apply the properties of fluids with mathematical knowledge
- Apply the control volume approach to produce the continuity equation
- Predict the behavior of the prototype/model by applying model laws
- Examine the change of fluid properties during flow through circular conduits
- Estimate the performance of the rotary machines and reciprocating pump.
- Acquire the basic knowledge of various metal casting process.
- Identify and solve the problems related to welding process.
- Apply the knowledge of forming process in sheet metal production.
- Develop the basic concepts of metal removing process.
5.Describe the various machining operations in turning center.
ME6311MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY–I
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to demonstrate and fabricate different types of components using the machine tools.
- Provide a practical background in moulding.
- Do facing and turning operations.
- Understand the machine capabilities and processes.
CE6461FLUID MECHANICS AND MACHINERY LABORATORY
- Demonstrate the Bernoulli’s equation in Bernoulli’s apparatus.
- Measure the fluid flow through Orifice meter, venturimeter and Rotameter.
- Evaluate the friction factor for a given set of pipes.
- Predict the performance parameter of various rotary and reciprocating pumps.
- Estimate the performance parameter of various rotary turbines.
ME6401 KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to apply fundamentals of mechanism for the design of new mechanisms and analyze them for optimum design.
- Understand the fundamentals of mechanism and kinematic linkages.
- Analyze the various mechanisms for optimum design.
- Understand the working principle of friction clutches, belt and rope drives.
ME6402 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY–II
- Select the appropriate machining process for component production.
- Identify and select the special purpose machine tools for surface finishing operations.
- Demonstrate the various non – traditional machining processes for machining of hard materials.
- Apply the knowledge of sheet metal process into component production.
- Examine the various methods of plastic components manufacturing for industrial cum commercial applications.
ME6403 ENGINEERING MATERIALS AND METALLURGY
- Describe the deformation mechanism and mechanical properties.
- Explain the Constitution of Alloys, Microstructure and their Phase change.
- Apply the Heat Treatment Concepts for various materials to meet the manufacturing requirements.
- Choose the Ferrous and Non Ferrous Metals for various applications.
- Select the Non Metallic Materials based on the properties to suit the applications.
ME6404 THERMAL ENGINEERING
- Classify the various types Gas power cycles and outline the PV diagram of two stroke and four stroke engines.
- Apply the knowledge of fuel injection, lubrication, cooling systems in automotive engines.
- Solve the problems related to steam nozzle with effect of friction.
- Demonstrate the principles of thermal processes in air compressor and outline the psychometric processes.
- Sketch the working principles of Refrigeration & Air conditioning systems.
ME6411 MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY–II
- Ability to use different machine tools to manufacturing gears.
- Ability to use different machine tools for finishing operations
- Ability to manufacture tools using cutter grinder
- Develop CNC part programming
ME6412 THERMAL ENGINEERING LABORATORY–I
- Differentiate between SI and CI engines with respect to its components and working
- Discriminate between two stroke and four stroke engines using valve timing and port timing diagrams.
- Analyze the heat flow and reason for heat losses in IC engines
- Conclude the usage of fuel based on its physical and chemical properties.
- Assess the performance of the engine by varying operating variables.
CE6315 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS LABORATORY
- Ability to perform different destructive testing
- Ability to characteristic materials.
- Analyze the structural members subjected to tension, torsion, bending using the fundamental concepts of stress, strain and elastic behaviour of materials.
- Identify the selection of materials for different application.
ME6501 COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able touse computer and CAD software’s for modeling of mechanical components.
- Explain the 2D and 3D transformations, clipping algorithm, Manufacturing models and Metrics.
- Explain the fundamentals of parametric curves, surfaces and Solids.
- Summarize the different types of Standard systems used in CAD
ME6502 HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER
- Upon completion of this course, the students can able to understand and apply different heat and mass transfer principles of different applications.
- Scrutinize the mechanism of steady and unsteady heat transfers and extended surfaces
- Portray the thermal analysis and sizing of heat exchangers
- Appraise the basic concepts of mass transfer
ME6503 DESIGN OF MACHINE ELEMENTS
- Appraise the principle involved in evaluating the shape and dimensions of a component.
- Review the pre-determined standards and to have knowledge of close tolerances.
- Design the various engineering components
ME6504 METROLOGY AND MEASUREMENTS
- Relate the concepts of measurements and errors.
- Demonstrate the linear and angular measurement devices.
- Select the form measurement devices for industrial application.
- Demonstrate the working of advanced measuring instruments used in Metrology.
- Calculate the parametric measurements.
ME6505 DYNAMICS OF MACHINES
- Upon completion of this course, the Students can able to predict the force analysis in mechanical system and related vibration issues and can able to solve the problem.
- Appraise the principle involved in evaluating the force analysis and balancing.
- Review the various forms of vibrations.
- Illustrate various principles of governors and gyroscopes
GE6075 PROFESSIONAL ETHICS IN ENGINEERING
- Upon completion of the course, the student should beable to apply ethics in society, discuss the ethical issues related to engineering and realize the responsibilities and rights in the society.