The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000 with an intake of 60 students. Our Mission is to provide quality education to the students and impart IT excellence in them. Apart from making them good technocrats, we also provide individual attention to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society constructively.
With Anna University’s curriculum, the department places equal emphasis on theoretical and experimental Information Technology. The department has state-of-art facilities in various labs, a well equipped seminar hall and a conference room, class rooms to support e-learning and a department library.
Each Year, many of our students are placed in reputed institutions like TCS, Infosys ,L&T,Infotech, Syntel,iGate Global Solutions Ltd.,Our staff produced 100% result in many subjects. External resource persons are being invited for guest lecture and seminars from various University/Industry.
Our Students have participated and won in various academic and sports competitions in State/National level.
Measures to progress Teaching Learning Process:
- The department regularly organizes Faculty Development Programs (FDPs), Short Term Training Programmes (STTPs), Winter/Summer School Programmes, research seminars and invited talks for our faculty based on the curriculum and the recent trends in IT industries sponsored by Anna University, AICTE-ISTE, IEEE Madras Section, IEEE Computer Society, CSI, CTS, Infosys, Wipro and etc.
- Periodic guest lectures, hands on training programmes and workshops are conducted for the students to supplement their curriculum, sponsored by our college. This facilitates our students to update their knowledge on par with the industry standards.
- Scintillate is the annual national level student’s technical symposium, organized by the department. The highlight of this event is its massive ability to reach thousands of participants, providing a stage for aspiring minds to establish their talents and showcase it to the right audience. The department has conducted 16 symposia so far.
- The department has an excellent track record of organizing various FDPs, workshops and seminars in areas of emerging technology. So far, the department has organized about 112 FDPs/Workshops/Seminars/Guest Lectures.
- The department has been on the forefront in organizing conferences too. So far, the department has organized 6 National Conferences.